Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Another term has past, so time for an update for the two people who read this. Scratch that. For the people who read this a few times in long ago December and have given up on us, understood that we went into hibernation, probably recognized us as the cyber rejects that we are, but alas, winter is melting and, though a little soggy, we're in pretty good shape.

Firstly, congratulations (!!!) are in order: Brad has recently accepted Ohio State's offer to begin his MA in English Language and Literature this fall with full tuition coverage, as well as a graduate teaching assistantship. He'll have to cut back on crime fighting and basketball stardom come fall, but everything's a tradeoff. So they say.

I just left behind my last class of the quarter, and now only have final papers and portfolios to cruise through. Not a problem. My great attitude about my wildly brilliant poetry, prose, and film theories PLUS massive amounts of coffee and pasta roni should make it a cinch.

Meanwhile, I'm having mixed thoughts about my newly developed Ohio pride, what with the march 4th elections and all. But sweet Franklin County, you came through.

This is digressing, so I'll end on an upswing, a major upswing. Mrs. Bridget K is coming to visit for five days! Our first visitor. We are so excited. Don't tell, but we're planning a sort of ambush kidnapping/brainwashing of sorts to make her an Ohioan.

3 comments:

chelsealynne said...

Yae! Congratulations Brad...

sounds like things are going good.

JD Groves said...

Brad, thanks for getting a hold of me. I definitely miss seeing you around. I am also stoked to now hove your blog address to keep up on you and your life. I don't think I got to congratulate you on marriage yet, but congrats to both of you. Let me know how things are going, and how I can be praying for you. peace bro.

Ellyn Canfield said...

HA- at least THREE people read this.
YAY for Brad, my congratulations!
I was thinking today of how much I miss my camikins, and then lo, a blog! Lots of love from the grad school orb.