which ones are good?? the blog you thought was old was actually not. I had the date in European style..(day,month, year). sorry. I wonder how many people were confused by that!!! anyway...thanks for the comment on my book blog too..i always love to hear what people are reading and if they liked it or not.
oh geez. i didn't even think of that--what an american thing to do.
i can only speak for what we enjoyed: "Pierrot le Fou" was being shown at the Wexner Center for the Arts, or something like that, on campus, and we both really enjoyed it. It's a French new wave romantic film from '65--I don't really know my movies super well, brad knows a lot more, but we really liked it. lots of colors, lots of weirdness, lots of passions.
I have mixed ideas about "I'm not there". I think it's definitely worth seeing, and I enjoyed most of the actors and "segmented themes", and conceptually I think it's fantastic, but much of it seemed inconsistent and/or a tad disappointing. I think brad would disagree rather strongly with me about this. I call it "not quite perfect" only because i think it had the potential to be. maybe.
if you like wes anderson, then "the darjeeling limited" is, again, so satisfying. I would say it's just below "tenenbaums" and above "bottle rocket", "life aquatic" and "rushmore". but that's me, clearly. love,
We got our wedding website pictures up. Here is the link if you want to go check them out. There are some good ones of Brad. Thanks again for flying out and being there for us, it meant a lot! Hope life in school is going well.
3 comments:
which ones are good?? the blog you thought was old was actually not. I had the date in European style..(day,month, year). sorry. I wonder how many people were confused by that!!!
anyway...thanks for the comment on my book blog too..i always love to hear what people are reading and if they liked it or not.
oh geez. i didn't even think of that--what an american thing to do.
i can only speak for what we enjoyed: "Pierrot le Fou" was being shown at the Wexner Center for the Arts, or something like that, on campus, and we both really enjoyed it. It's a French new wave romantic film from '65--I don't really know my movies super well, brad knows a lot more, but we really liked it. lots of colors, lots of weirdness, lots of passions.
I have mixed ideas about "I'm not there". I think it's definitely worth seeing, and I enjoyed most of the actors and "segmented themes", and conceptually I think it's fantastic, but much of it seemed inconsistent and/or a tad disappointing. I think brad would disagree rather strongly with me about this. I call it "not quite perfect" only because i think it had the potential to be. maybe.
if you like wes anderson, then "the darjeeling limited" is, again, so satisfying. I would say it's just below "tenenbaums" and above "bottle rocket", "life aquatic" and "rushmore". but that's me, clearly. love,
We got our wedding website pictures up. Here is the link if you want to go check them out. There are some good ones of Brad. Thanks again for flying out and being there for us, it meant a lot! Hope life in school is going well.
http://65.175.67.218/wed%2Dweb/2008%2D02%2D02/
~The Howells
Post a Comment