Tuesday, May 27, 2008



Yes, that is my (as in Brad's) face you're seeing. It seems I am freshly shaven these days. It shouldn't last too long though, one can only shave for so long before sheer boredom and beard nostalgia set in. Most of my time here in Ohio is spent on the couch and in a blanket, both of which are featured in this very appropriate photo. When I'm not on the couch I'm either riding my bike, playing basketball, or reading. However, I've also been auditing a class on the critical theorist Frederic Jameson, so if you are in desperate need of a Marxist analysis grounded in a very elaborate cultural interpretation, well then please let me know. Other than all of these very important activities, I've been and contintue to be completely useless.
***
As you can probably see, Cami is extracting knowledge from the bookshelf. She is finishing up the spring term with a screenplay (soon to be made into a blockbuster movie), a short story (forthcoming in that new hip and renowned lit. mag. we've all heard about but never read), and a scholarly essay. She is very excited for the summer and some actual time off (what she doesn't know is that it's overrated). We will be making a few trips to the West Coast this summer, but a good portion of our time will be spent here in Ohio: Cami working and me, well, just sitting I suppose. In September we will begin our teaching training, and I will be forced to get up off the couch. Meanwhile, enjoy these very significant and highly informative photos.

1 comment:

asmendenhall said...

Cami's face here is priceless! I think it reflects her ambivalent feelings about romanticism. Or maybe her screenplay.

Also, I'm in absolute desperate need of a marxist analysis grounded in a very elaborate cultural interpretation.